The Quantum Bicycle Society (or Quicycle) is a group of free thinkers who aim to throw light onto things that matter, and to continue our mutual education beyond the post-doctoral level. We aim to develop mind-tools to enable human thinking, both inward into the inner workings and structure of the “elementary” particles of the standard model, as well as outward into the cosmos and its workings.
uicycle is dedicated to the principles of:
- Furthering Pure Science
- Science that is analytic, testable, and calculable
- Restoring the proper operation of the scientific method
- Science that can be used to imagine new materials, devices, and systems
- The most solid scientific proof of all manifests in bringing a concept from thought into material reality
- Enabling thinking which could otherwise not be thought about at all
- Elementary particles are not assumed to be axiomatic
- Sub-quantum mechanics and particle structures are investigated and elucidated
- Excluding the untestable
- Countering conjecture masquerading as science
- Many worlds, hypothesized particles, infinities, unphysical (or unobservable) concepts not subject to experiment are not contemplated
- Extra dimensions beyond those of the fabric of spacetime are avoided
There are significant Breakthroughs that have been achieved by Quicycle members, and several scientific questions that have been answered or clarified through their work. Explanations of the following key concepts can be found in prior published work, in our Journal articles, Books, Video presentations and Glossary.
1. The electron’s substructure that gives rise to its properties (see Breakthroughs)
2. The electron’s charge can be CALCULATED using this model!
3. The physical reason and calculation for g-2 (the electron’s anomalous magnetic moment)
4. Why and how the electron has both a particle and wave nature
5. The nature of charge
6. The quantization of charge
7. A theory of quantum gravity (see Breakthroughs)
8. The mechanism by which mass distorts spacetime
9. The relativistic basis of quantum mechanics
10. The nature of and reason for quantum collapse
11. The way Relativity emerges as a consequence of photon and particle structure
12. Subatomic particle structure and symmetry
13. How protons and neutrons bind to form nuclei (see Breakthroughs)
14. Why some nuclei are stable and others are radioactive
15. The physics behind the Pauli Exclusion Principle & Hund’s 2nd Rule
16. The reason for no magnetic monopoles
17. The reason for the flatness of the universe
18. The nature of the Poincaré stresses
19. The topology and components of electron spin
20. The nature and mechanism of paramagnetism vs ferromagnetism
21. The mechanism of matter-antimatter creation and annihilation
22. Absolute Relativity Theory — A Proposed Hilbert’s 6th Solution (see Breakthroughs)
(Yes, we know. This is not a small thing!)
(This is not many small things!)
The organization was originated by Dr. John G. Williamson (CERN, Glasgow U.) and the late Dr. Martin van der Mark (Philips). The name Quicycle is a contraction of the term quantum bicycle, which is a visual description of their work describing the substructure of the electron. It is also a reminder to keep things simple.
An electron is formed when a photon makes two revolutions per wavelength, tracing a torus-shaped double-loop rotation in momentum space, in order to comprise the stable, elementary particle.
We consider that, while the standard models of the things that matter in subatomic particle physics, as well as our understanding of gravity and the structure of the universe, have contributed much of value, many anomalies and unexplained phenomena persist. Modern physics has continued to build upon the axiomatic existence of the subatomic particles without considering from where their properties emerge
We intend to build upon what has been learned from the standard model, and in recognizing where and why its limits arise, to overcome them and extend our understanding. We accomplish this by delving into both the very large and the very small. On the one hand, we examine the level of sub-quantum mechanics, where particle structures that give rise to their properties are investigated and elucidated. On the other, we probe the large-scale structures and origin of the Universe. In the center, we explore the intermediate domain of quantum chemistry and solid state physics. Our aim is to tie together and also extend the elements of the standard model. In this pursuit, we warmly invite other scientists to similarly engage in public in this manner.
It is time to pursue deeper levels of clarity and understanding, and to find the science that works, based upon established principles, experimental results, and thinking that makes sense.
And if, through this process, we find ourselves closer to solving Hilbert’s 6th problem, all the better.
What The Universe Is Made Of
John Williamson & Arnie Benn talk Quicycle science on the Demystify Science podcast. See also YouTube: @DemystifySci_Podcast
John Williamson on his journey through the world of physics, on the Demystify Science podcast. See also YouTube: @DemystifySci_Podcast
This site features video content, journal articles, and interactive resources.
Presentations are given by invitation. Topics include mathematics, subatomic physics, solid state physics, relativity, astronomy, cosmology, and more. (see Videos)
Many of the presentations are followed by a QA&D session — Questions, Answers, and Discussion — with the presenter.
A selection of journal articles by Quicycle Society members is offered. (See Journal) It includes a selection of articles published elsewhere, as well as some published exclusively here.
We also offer a selection of books authored by our members. (See Books).
An Interactive Periodic Table of atomic orbitals is in development, and several tools in our GitHub software repository are provided.
Quicycle members, individually or in groups appropriate to the work, may be available for targeted research or consultation. We currently have patents in development.
(See Innovations & Inventions.)
Click below to contact us by email.
Co-Founders/Board Members: (in inverse alphabetical order)
John G. Williamson
Vivian N.E. Robinson